Re: Motor pulley for 14 1/2

sblatheman

I have an original, made of aluminum, 2 1/2" with a 3/4" bore for sale. It is used and had/has a little corrosion. I also have a 3 9/16" diameter, cast iron pulley with a 7/8" bore.
please email me if you are interested.
Ted

On Apr 18, 2013, at 1:40 PM, "cozmo135" <cozmo135@...> wrote:

Hi, I have a model 14 1/2 south bend. The motor on the machine is shot. I have a 2 hp dayton motor that I can fit with an extra plate. My problem is the motor pulley. The one that came on it appears to be shop made. It's a 4 groove pulley. Approx. 2 1/2" diameter. It was cut too wide and the belts don't fit the grooves well. Does anyone have an original or correct pulley that they would be willing to sell? Failing that, can anyone give me the dimensions of the original pulley. I've checked the usual suppliers and I haven't found any 4 groove pulleys anywhere near the size I have. If I have to make one, I want to at least make it the size it should be. The replacement motor I have on hand has a 0.875 shaft. I can bore or sleeve a pulley to fit, so that isn't really an issue. Thanks in advance,

Chuck

I'm going to post a pic of the pulley.