Re: Saddle adjustment

gorvil

Wallace,

You'll have to ask Mitch. I just told him to keep the bolts loose
enough for the saddle to slide.

Glen

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Wally Blackburn
<wallyblackburn@h...>" <wallyblackburn@h...> wrote:
<stuff deleted>

Glenn:

Could you go into a little more detail on this procedure?

Thanks,
Wallace

Glenn;
Thanks much for the info,I thhought that perhaps I had missed
something in my haste to get this machine up and running.Seems
like
there should be shims there or something?
Anyway I spotted (broke up the smooth surface)of the crosslide
and
compound and stoned them. This really makes the movement smooth,
and
much less friction,Ihighly recommend this procedure for older
lathes
that are not worn bad enough to require scraping in.
Thanks
Mitch