Re: oil fill tube: Name please


Did you want the headstock  oil cups for the Heavy 10 ? I have some of those...$10 each


On Dec 16, 2012, at 1:17 PM, The Hobby-Machinist <im_all_thumbz@...> wrote:



Anything left for a Heavy 10? I will grab em!

Best for the holidays!
Nelson T.

From: Latheman <latheman2@...>
To: "southbendlathe@..." <southbendlathe@...>
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:13 PM
Subject: Re: [southbendlathe] oil fill tube: Name please

I have some original HS oilers for the 415 and 405 for sale...$5.00 each plus shipping
I doubt you could find them any where else ;-)


On Dec 15, 2012, at 2:59 PM, john kling <jkling222@...> wrote:

A 1934/1935 model 415.

From: m. allan noah <kitno455@...>
To: southbendlathe@...
Sent: Sat, December 15, 2012 2:54:21 PM
Subject: Re: [southbendla the] oil fill tube: Name please

Which spindle? Some are threaded, some are pressed. Some are threaded into a bushing which is then pressed :)


On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 2:41 PM, john kling <jkling222@...> wrote:
Are these (on the spindle) threaded or does friction hold them in place.

From: dornpeterson <petersdw@...>
To: southbendlathe@...
Sent: Sat, December 15, 2012 2:28:20 PM
Subject: [southbendlathe] oil fill tube: Name please

What is the name for the little tubes the have a spring loaded cap that are used at the oiling points on many lathes? I want the ones with a spring loaded cap not the spring loaded ball inside. If it were a grease fitting it would be called a zerk but I don't know what these are called. I need to order some and I have no idea what to look under.

Also if you know somebody who carries them that would be useful.



"The truth is an offense, but not a sin"

Join to automatically receive all group messages.