Re: Bert's 9A

gorvil

The spindle to center gear CC distance is 2.72". This one is a bit
less accurate than the others as I was measuring between the teeth of
the spindle and the post the reverser mounts on.

In taking the reverser apart to measure all this stuff, I found three
places for oil that I didn't know about. I guess I should ask Rose
for one of those wall charts.

Cheers!

Glen Reeser

--- In southbendlathe@y..., "Glen Reeser" <Gorvil@a...> wrote:
Hi Anthony,

I know I promised you this info before, sorry, I got busy. Anyway
here's what I measured.

Glen Reeser

--- In southbendlathe@y..., anthrhodes@a... wrote:
I tried once before to get this info. This time I'm posting a
photo
to help.
It's of a hercus but it'll do.

On the attached picture I've marked:
TC OD Face Bore Key
Spindle Gear = SG 24 1.295 NA NA NA
Reverse Gear = RG 32 1.694 .443 .625 No
Forward Gear = FG " " " " "
Center Gear = CG 24 1.290 .443 .562 .125

For each of SG, RG, FG, and CG, can somebody give:
Tooth Count
OD or DP
Face Width
Bore and any Keyways. (I now understand that SG is part of the
spindle and
won't have a seperate bore.)

I would also like to know the distances between centers of:
CG - FG 1.400
FG - RG .983
RG - CG 1.750
CG - SG OOPS! I'll havee to go back downstairs.

I'm trying to determine if anythi9ng can be done to refit this
lathe
with
metric module gears.

Thanks for any assistances.