Re: Here's another "tip over"

rlm_mcv

Not all work is done at the headstock end and with a long bed if gives control for work done at the tailstock.  On my 24" swing X 12' bed SB I had a control shaft running the length of the bed to turn the power on/off  or reverse the motor.  It was connected to a drum switch rather than a push button though.

Perhaps it was for a lost coolant system. There seems to be the diversion troughs on either side of the headstock.