From: morrispu
Subject: [southbendlathe] boring bar
To: southbendlathe@...
Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 7:53 PM

Hi

I have a OHV 6 cyl. auto engine ( a HOLDEN red 6 motor , a local GM Australia product , many millions built from 1963 4 to early 80's ) with a badly corroded exhaust valve seat . I am planning to make a boring bar and bore out the old seat and replace it with a new seat ..I think a .006 interference fit will do . I will use the valve guide in the cyl. head as a guide for the boring bar

Has anyone done this and possibly can you provide a few tips . The cyl. head is cast iron .

Thanks ... MIKE