Re: Change Gears

gorvil

Scott and Brian,

I made a few of these 20T gears a couple of years ago from 360 brass. I have sold some to folks on this list. I may still have a couple left. I would take $20 apiece for them.

Scott,

I still have quite a lot of the 1.25 brass rod and a full set of the involute cutters if you wanted to set up to make more gears.

Glen Reeser
Palatine, IL

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Scott S. Logan" <ssl@...> wrote:

I will risk the wrath of our fearless leader, and beg his and your
indulgence.

Brian Sherwood indicated a need for a 20T Change Gear for his South Bend
Lathe. Apparently, South Bend wants something like $67 for this gear.

I spoke with Brian, and he likes my estimated price of $32.26. This is
the same price as for a Logan 20T Change Gear, which is a bit larger and
wider.

In order to make this feasible, I need orders for more than just Brian.

If anyone else is looking for this gear, please let me know. If there
are a couple more of you, we will make a run of the gears.

My understanding from Brian is that this is a 20T plain change gear
(flat on both sides), 1.222" OD, .375" wide, 18DP, 14-1/2 NPA, 9/16"
bore with a 1/8" keyway. If anyone has different specs, please let me
know.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled, non-commercial, group.

--
Message from Scott Logan Support the anti-Spam amendment
ssl@... Join at http://www.cauce.org/