Re: American Machinist

rlm_mcv

This isn't as nice as having the hard copies, but several copies of American Machinist are in Google Books.  They are word search able there.  Here is the link.

--- On Mon, 1/18/10, whmoll wrote:

From: whmoll
Subject: [southbendlathe] American Machinist
To: southbendlathe@...
Date: Monday, January 18, 2010, 6:18 PM

I was fortunate enough to win the stack of bound copies of "American Machinist" at the Cabin Fever auction. I had two unexpected finds. The volumes have the name Fred J Miller in gold letters on most of the volumes. A quick google and I found that he was the Editor of American Machinist and the winner of the Gantt Medal in 1930. That makes the volumes a little more special to me.

The second find was that I had issues 1896 to 1906 complete, plus an extra copy of 1896 and 1899. The bindings are rather dog-eared and 1896 is missing a couple pages at the front and back. I can copy those pages to complete the information.

My first preference is trading someone for their duplicates. If no one has trading material, I am willing to sell them, if anyone is interested. They are heavy - American Machinist was a weekly!

Please contact me off-list.

Bill Moll
NW Georgia
WHMoll@...