From: All Thumbz
To: southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com ; southbend10L@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 5:11 PM
Subject: [southbendlathe] Want to change to 220V - 3 phase motor

In order to use a VFD for control, I'm contemplating replacing the reliance 115V motor that came with my 10L, contacter and push button switch box with a 220V 3 phase motor that is controlled by a VFD that converts my 220V 1 phase house current to 220V 3 phase output.

Would a motor such as this one work? It seems to be the correct HP (.75) and speed for my 1970's H10L.

http://cgi.ebay.com/South-Bend-Lathe-Heavy-10-Motor-and-Frame-Assembly_W0QQitemZ280401895133QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4149415edd

Nelson