From: Rob Kovacs
To: southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:17 AM
Subject: [southbendlathe] SB 9 inch tailstock parts.

Hi,

I have a SB 9 Inch model C. It has a worn tail-stock barrel/screw/nut and bore. I wanted to replace the screw, nut and barrel with new (substitute) ones. There was a guy called J. Ward that made parts for SB and Boxford machines, but I cant find any reference to his website or products anymore. I think he may have ceased trading.

Has anyone got any experience with re-conditioning the bores of the tail-stocks on these machines? Mine is showing some wear and "droop" when extended. Can this be tackled using only the lathe itself and a drilling machine, or does it need more sophisticated equipment?

So, does anyone know where I can source spares for a SB 9 inch in the UK? I would also like to get hold of a T-slotted cross slide if possible, but they are hard to find on eBay, nd I have tried G&M tools, without luck.

Any ideas for UK sourcing?

Cheers,

Rob

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4271 (20090723) __________