From: Dennis Turk
Sent: Jun 12, 2007 12:34 PM
To: southbendlathe@...
Subject: Re: [southbendlathe] Collet Question

Hi Grif
The early 9 inch and the 11 inch used the 3C collet. The early 13
inch with the 1 7/8 8 spindle used the 2A collet as did the early
heavy ten with the same spindle nose. I am not sure if SB ever
offered the 4C with the 1 7/8 8 spindle but Dalton used it as
there 8 1/2 inch lathe used the same spindle nose. I bet someone
with an older 13 inch could chime in here and give you better
information than I can on the larger lathes. I did just sell a
set of 2A collets for a early heavy ten and I still have a
complete set of new Metric collets in 2A also. These are SB
collets buy the way.
Turk