Re: South Bend indexing centers unit cat #ce9635

bob

Fred, If someone does come up hith an operation/set-up instruction
sheet, I would gladly pay zerox and mailing costs for copies. Thank
you, Bob M.
--- In southbendlathe@..., fred eisner <imsteamer21@...>
wrote:

hi guys
i have the parts breakdown for the index centers
if anyone has a need for a copy email me and ill send it to you
if anyone has different paperwork i would appreciate a copy
thanks fred
imsteamer21@...

To: southbendlathe@...: eng4turns@...: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:41:22
+0000Subject: [southbendlathe] Re: South Bend indexing centers unit
cat #CE9635

Also for use on a shaper.Ed in Florida--- In
southbendlathe@..., anthrhodes@ wrote:>> > The Indexing
Attachment is almost certainly intended for use with a milling >
machine. The pins on the bottom are used to align the attachment with
the > T-slots of the mill's table.> > At 5" swing it appears to be too
large to fit on a lathe, and there doesn't > appear to be a way to
mount it to the cross slide.> > Looks like a 72:1 worm drive. 5
degrees per revolution of the ball handle, 50 > divisions would give
1/10 degree increments.> > Anthony> Berkeley, Calif.>
******************************************> In a message dated Fri Apr
13, 2007 6:11 pm Pacific Daylight Time, Bob writes:> > This indexing
jig came with the new 10K I just picked up. One of these> jigs is
pictured on e-bay #180104500537. I found the exploded parts> list in
southbendmanual files and a picture and general description in> a SB
1956 catalog but there is no operating and installation> instructions
that I can find. The unit came with a dog clamp that I> need
dimensions to machine a copy and it came with 2 pins that fit> into
the base. These pins are on my indexer but I don't know what> their
function is. I would be glad to pay copy and postage costs for> a
zerox set of this information.> > > > >
http://www.aol.com.>