Re: Yahoo system failure

Steve Wells

Jim,
Computers don't care what we think....LOL
I would assume that we have one group managed mail domain,
and it maintains a mailing list of our address' when we send a group message
it captures the sender address and then forwards from the mail list. If a forward is returned
it relays back to the sender that xxx didn't get it, so you, the sender, are aware of the error.
Now if we think of it in a different way, say I have a company with 200 people and I send the group
message, I would want to know who didn't get it, but not necessarily want everyone to know.
The software is similar for both situations.

Steve

Jim B. wrote:

/What I don't understand is that I am sending a message to Yahoo. Yahoo is sending the message to the other members of the group. Why do I get Yahoo's rejection notices?/

Jim B.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex.... It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction"

Albert Einstein/ EF Schumacher (ATCMB)