Re: cross feed screw thrust bearings

Steve Wells

Tom,
can you give us the ID and OD measurements of your bearings,
A picture of the screw, dial and bushing with measurements would be nice.
The larger needle bearing would replace the ball thrusts if the size is correct,
if not, you might be able to bore the dial ring and or bushing and at least get
the needle type there. Denny or the group members might know the 13" sizes
from memory, I personally don't .

Steve
tom rose wrote:

I have a 13"
I sent my old thrust bearing to a very large bearing
house and they could not directly match it.
Leblond is $51, Rose at Parts Works is about $20
higher. The other large bearing on the shaft is $90
something. I heard after purchasing one that a needle
bearing from MSC can be shaved down to fit. I have
never done this but you could buy quite a few bearings
to modify for the cost of a factory one. If you have a
taper attachment I have some extra sets of the small
diameter thrust bearings in the taper attachment. Tell
us how it goes if you elect to modify an MSC set.
Tom Rose

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/#loc_weather <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/#loc_weather>