Re: cross feed screw thrust bearings

tkrotw <tkrotw@yahoo.com>

I have a 13"
I sent my old thrust bearing to a very large bearing
house and they could not directly match it.
Leblond is $51, Rose at Parts Works is about $20
higher. The other large bearing on the shaft is $90
something. I heard after purchasing one that a needle
bearing from MSC can be shaved down to fit. I have
never done this but you could buy quite a few bearings
to modify for the cost of a factory one. If you have a
taper attachment I have some extra sets of the small
diameter thrust bearings in the taper attachment. Tell
us how it goes if you elect to modify an MSC set.
Tom Rose