Re: New old Southbend lathe

Steve Wells

Hello John,
Welcome, Your lathe by serial number and casting date would probably
be a 1928, built sometime in January, you can confirm this by emailing
Lablond. They should be able to tell you the ship date. tear down the
lathe for movement, everything will bolt right back up, after you clean
it. Don't run the lathe until you have cleaned and checked the
headstock bearings. There is much info in the files to help. There is a
wealth of knowledge in the members of this group, great guys.
I for one would like to see pictures of your Junior...I like the old
ones...

Steve Wells
wswells@earthlink.net