Re: SB 9" Model A, B, and C Cross Feed Screws - Some Questions

Steve Wells

If they followed the same trends as the older wide beds, (Denny can
correct me, if I'm wrong..haha) the gear blank on the shaft is there,
it just has been turned down soas you can't cut the gear.

Steve

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Wally Blackburn"
<wallyblackburn@...> wrote:

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Wells" <wswells@>
wrote:
OK, that's why I asked - I've always had trouble remembering the
different models.

Sooo, the A and B should have identical cross feed screws (with the
gear), and the model C should be unique (no gear) - right?

Thanks,
Wally

Wally
The B has power cross feed, it just used standard change change
gears
for threading, did not have a QC gear box.

Steve Wells

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Wally Blackburn"
<wallyblackburn@> wrote:

Double-checking on an assumption I am making. I would guess
that
the
Models B and C cross feed screws are identical (no cross feed
gear).
And, obviously, the A has the integral gear for cross feed.

Correct?

Thanks,
Wally