Water Soluable Oil

ajwesleyj

I am new a new kid when it comes to metal lathe work. A CNC machinist
suggested that I use water soluable oil with my heavy ten. He gave me
a sample which I have been using for a year or so. It seemes to work
well but then again I do not know a great deal about how it should
work. Two thing I have seen: 1) if I do not wipe the lathe down after
use it developes a tacky flim and 2) a stain will form on the bed
where the felt touches it.

Now that it is time to get some more oil I have been think is this
what I should be using? What if it gets into the bearing?

I have been reading this site long enough to know that there are
opinions out there about everything so please share them.