my not so Rusty 'Ol Cross Slide-cross slide lock?

Dave

Good morning.
The saddle-apron-cross slide assembly is out of the electrolyte
bath, and on the surface anyway, is quite rust free! The cross slide is
still frozen on the compound rest and on the saddle. While I was trying
to free up the compound rest swivel-I found the two allen head lock
screws that keep it in place, loosened them, and with a few taps of a
hammer, loosened and lubed and it swivels freely.
There must be some kind of locking mechanism on the compound rest
to keep it from sliding on the swivel and a lock on the on the base
too, right? It's difficult to tell from the parts diagram in the Army
manual,but it looks like the screw on top of the compound rest base
bears down on the cross-feed screw and that locks it in place on the
saddle, or the screw in the graduated collar?
I don't see anything on the compound rest except a screw on the
collar.But it seems to me that the screw in the collar must be there to
zero it or adjust it so I'm utterly confused here.
Can anybody direct me to a better exploded parts view with a little
better explanation - like cross-feed travel locking nut maybe?:)
Dave