Re: Shim stock?

Steve Wells

Mike,
Over the weekend my brother, who is in the PM department of GM, and I
were having a conversation about the project on my 1922 9". Something
I did not think of, he told me was the first step in setting up the
lathe. When I move the bed to the new table I'm building, he stated
to set a dial indicator on the mounts and make sure it does not move
when bolting it down. If it does move, shim it until it does not.
I'm not sure if this even applies to your problem, but its an easy
check. This would probably be more for twist or flexing, but
something to think about.

Steve Wells