From: Bruce Anderson
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:04:39 -0500
To: southbendlathe@...
Subject: [southbendlathe] Storage of Lathe

Just as I was getting going cleaning and rebuilding a Heavy 10 Toolroom lathe on an under drive cabinet, we need to move.  Just to the next town, but a smaller house yet plenty of room to build a bigger shop!!!

Need to store the lathe for maybe a year and the only room I have without tripping over it is outside.

It is partially disassembled, headstock, tailstock, apron all off of it.

Can I pretty safely just soak it with WD- 40 or LPS or something like that and keep it covered with a tarp? I could build a lean-to type thing on the side of a shed if that would help.

Thanks for any advice.

Bruce

Yahoo! Groups Links
  • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .