New (1962) South Bend 10k owner

Michael Haynes <emhaynes@...>

I don't know what the size limits are for group photos so I stuck
them in my own album. For pictures see:

http://tinyurl.com/252a4

Picked this up at a L. A. School district auction for eight
hundred. Came complete with 3 and 4 jaw cushman chucks, left, right
and straight tool holders (most still in their original boxes),
cutoff and knurling tools, boring bar, threading tool and index,
parts list and 1960 catalog which shows the price without electrical
goods at 931 dollars. Based on that I'd say I saved a couple of
dollars. Of course, having saved all that money I went out and bought
the entire Lindsay library and a new single phase motor.

Ways are nice and show the original scrape marks evenly. The major
problems are oil wells with busted hinges, a chip on the motor
pulley, and a overall state of mild grunge. I talked to the LeBlonde
people and decided not to support their drug habit(s). They are into
some seriously expensive drugs judging by what they want for a
pulley. I'm just going to say "no". I hope they manage to kick the
habit soon.

Anyways, I'm a woodworker and need this to keep my old (made in the
USA) tools running. The first big job once I get the hang of it is to
turn down the cutterhead shaft on my big jointer so I can pour new
babbit.

Michael aka wreckingcrewchief