Re: 9" B or C change gears

gorvil

Myford is a popular lathe for hobby use in the UK.

Glen Reeser

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "scott" <no1tigman@y...> wrote:
Thanks Jim, they Myford gears are 20dp,I have not found out which
lathe they fit, not even sure they are Myford gears as I was just
going by what was written on them with permanent marker. Scott.

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, eeengineer@c... wrote:
Yes these gears, 9/16 ID, 18 DP, 1/8 keyway and 3/8 face fit the
9-
C. The gears with MYFORD may also fit. When I was collecting gears
for my 9-C (which is a Model 405 and origionally had 20 DP gears) I
bought a group of brand new gears from the UK. I believe they fit
either lathe.

I eventually used 20 DP gears all around.

Jim B.
I have six gears that I think should fit the 9B or C, could
someone
verify this for me. The gears are 18dp 3/8 face width 9/16bore
with
a 1/8 keyway.The FAQ does not list all needed information.If
these
do indeed fit I will offer them to the group first before E-
bay.
also found some gears that had Myford written on them, does
anyone
know if there is a group for these lathes. Thanks Scott

html
Post: mailto:southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com
Email Moderators: mailto:southbendlathe-owner@yahoogroups.com
* * * * *