From: Gorvil@a...
To: southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 1:17 AM
Subject: [southbendlathe] Re: Gear teeth surface lubrication

Jim,

My wife accuses me of making up answers to questions when I think
know the answer. She may be right. I usually couch these
answers in
some kind of weasel worded caveat. I am never offended when
someone
who has the real stuff says so.

Did you know that the word gullable was not in the dictionary?

Glen

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, catvet@B... wrote:
> Glen--- Sorry you took my post as being directed at a mistake.
was

<Gorvil@a...>
> wrote:
> > It could well be that I have the threads backwards. My point
was
> > that it is easy to make an adapter if you have a lathe to do
the
> > work. It is nice that we can rely on each other to correct
our
> > mistakes. If we rely on our memory after that magic 50th
birthday
> we
> > can expect trouble.
> >
> > My Dutch friends say that "he is suffering from the yellow
disease"
> > meanining: his birth certificate has turned yellow.
> >
> > In my own defense, I think I was fairly vague in my
description
so
> > that anyone trying to copy my solution would verify my
assertions.

> > Glen Reeser
> >

> > --- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Dee Schuyler"
> > <dee.schuyler@v...> wrote:
> > > Yes I think Jim has it dead on
> > > Both my flat belt pulley and back gear shaft are threaded
> > > 1/4 20
> > > Dee
lubrication

> > > Hi Glen--- I believe you have the diminsions backwards.
The
> > adapter
> > > should be 1/4"-28 female thd. by 1/4"-20 male thd. Grease
zerks
> > in
> > > 1/4" bolt size ( verses pipe size ) are SAE or 28 pitch.
My
> flat
> > belt
> > > pulley and backgear shaft were both threaded 1/4-20.
> > > Jim Platt
> > >
> > > --- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Glen Reeser"
> > <Gorvil@a...>
Ace
> > > harware.
> > inside
whatever
> the

backgear
> > shaft? I
different...

> > <jperkins@m...>
> > marked "OIL".
> and
on
the
> > > spindle.

> > > <dirigo28@y...>
> > > <jperkins@m...>

> so

that
hole
> > in
> > > the
> hole
> > in
my
10K.

> > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> > >

> > > --
> > > * * * * *
> > > Manage your subscription by sending a blank message as
follows:
> > > Stop delivery: southbendlathe-nomail@yahoogroups.com
> > > Daily digest mode: southbendlathe-digest@yahoogroups.com
> > > Individual emails: southbendlathe-normal@yahoogroups.com