From: jcp2627
To: southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 5:21 PM
Subject: [southbendlathe] Re: Gear teeth surface lubrication

Hi Glen--- I believe you have the diminsions backwards. The
adapter
should be 1/4"-28 female thd. by 1/4"-20 male thd. Grease zerks
in
1/4" bolt size ( verses pipe size ) are SAE or 28 pitch. My flat
belt
pulley and backgear shaft were both threaded 1/4-20.
Jim Platt

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Glen Reeser"
<Gorvil@a...>
wrote:
> I bought a grease zerk (zert?).. I bought a nipple from Ace
harware.
> I think it was 1/4 20. I made an adapter that was 1/4 20
inside
> threads on one side and 1/4 28 outside threads (or whatever the
> backgear spindle was) on the other side.
>
> Glen Reeser
>

> --- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "pmathews49201"
> <bucksaway@c...> wrote:
> > So, how do you get grease into the hole on the backgear
shaft? I

<jperkins@m...>
> wrote:
> > > The hole in the spindle pulley on my heavy 10 is
marked "OIL".

<dirigo28@y...>
<jperkins@m...>

> adding