Re: 9" horizontal drive

gorvil

Ole,

I have an extra three step cone pulley off of an underneath drive
unit. If you want it for $25.00 plus shipping, send me an e-mail.

I take paypal at the e-mail below.

gorvil(at)aol.com

Glen Reeser

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "ole_swenson" <smpere@p...>
wrote:
I bought a 9" Model C South Bend that is missing the horizontal
drive assembly. After watching two horizontal drives go on Ebay for
more than I wantd to pay I decided to try and make one. I will use
the plans that are published on the "links" portion of this forum.
However, these plans don't include making the three step flat
pulley. Are these pulleys crowned? I haven't taken delivery of this
lathe as yet or else I would measure the pulley on the headstock.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.