Re: Cross slide nut and screw 1/2 -10 LH acme

gorvil

The original screws are 10 TPI.

Glen Reeser

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Traceman" <traceman@h...>
wrote:
I was thinking about that last night and came to the conclusion
that
I wanted bigger dials anyway so I could figure out what the
increments should be and mark them for that. I am not sure what I
am
going to do yet but still thinking about it.

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, " Rigrac" <rigrac@s...>
wrote:
Traceman:

What is screw pitch for original 7/16" Acme SB screw now? If it
is
not the same as screw pitch for 1/2" Acme then graduations on dials
will NOT be the same? IE: If screw pitch for 7/16" acme is 12 TPI
(standard for that size I think ) then screw pitch for 1/2" MUST be
12 TPI or dial graduations are not accurate.

Ron