Re: Cross slide nut and screw 1/2 -10 LH acme

gorvil

Actually it was in the links section

http://pages.cthome.net/errol.groff/south_bend_cross_slide_screw_repai
r.htm

Glen

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Glen Reeser" <Gorvil@a...>
wrote:
There was a write up of someone doing this. I think it was in the
files section.

I am picking up my new 7 sixteenths x 10 LH Acme tap in the UK next
week. Sorry I cant find a slash on this Italian keyboard, or an
apostrophe either. I also am getting 3 eighths x 10 LH and RH taps.

I may be in the cross slide compound nut business when I get back
home.

Glen Reeser

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Traceman" <traceman@h...>
wrote:
I wonder if it would be possible to up the size of the shaft for
the
cross slide to 1/2-10 LH Acme. Would it be better to be bigger? I
think htere is enough clearance in there to do it and I have
about
20 of that size acme tap at work in rough and finish
configurations.
I was going to join it to the old shaft in front of the gear
somehow.