QC Gearbox

gorvil

Hi All,

I managed to fabricate a replacement gear for my gear box. I
reassembled the lathe and tried it out and the gear works fine. The
only problem I have now is that the cone gear lever doesn't want to
engage when I have the notched bar that locates the levers installed
on the gearbox. The alignment of the cone gears with the notches is
off. There also seems to be quite a little end play (0.075" to
0.100") on the shaft that the gears run on. I suppose that I need to
put some shims between the gears to take up the play and line up the
gears with the notch locations. Any advice?

Glen Reeser