From: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io> On Behalf Of Retired Gunsmith via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2022 7:49 PM
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Subject: Re: [SouthBendLathe] South Bend Fourteen Lathe Drive Belts

Thank you for your help.

It is dual V-belt.

Ted says he has them and also provided cross reference to current parts.

We may get my friend's lathe fixed.

Having a lot of slip in high torque operations, i.e. drilling large holes, etc.

Tried retensioning the belts, but no real improvement. I suspect the problem is the Vari-Drive belt, rather than the spindle belts.

The original owner says they have never been replaced.

Either way, we will scuff up the pulleys, replace the belts, retension and giv'er a go..

Thanx and Good Shootin'

Derrick Martin