From: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cregg
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 10:11 PM
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Subject: [SouthBendLathe] Cradle Shaft Removal

Hello

I have 1948 South Bend lathe 14-1/2" x 7' that is damaged due to a fire. The lathe was next to a house that burned down. The babbitt has melted and started to run out of the cabinet leg.

My question is how do you remove cradle shaft assuming no damage?

Has anyone in this re-poured the babbitt that the cradle shaft slides into? If so, can you give written and/or photo instructions?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated
--
Cregg