Re: Cleaning files fouled by aluminum

mike allen

Not sure where you live , but Gryphon Stringed
Instruments ( the place that Frank Ford , the guy mentioned earlier in
this thread started & still runs ) will give you a good honest

            price for it or a appraisal . In my case it's mostly the
work of a DR  that has almost stopped my playing along with 30 years as
a electrician distorting my fingers . But then I'll spin

            some Django & listen to what he could do with two fingers &
say I'll give it another try .

            https://www.gryphonstrings.com/

            animal

On 6/29/2022 6:19 AM, Nick Jonkman wrote:

Back around 1987 I bought a Martin D28 guitar kit from St. Croix Kits
now Music Makers for $299.95. Martin was selling kits of unfinished
guitars that were supposed to be seconds with some slight blemish.
Mine came with a note that said no blemish. I bought this just after
my first wife had past away from cancer in 1986 and this project kinda
kept me occupied and got me back to living again. I played it for many
years . I also have a Gibson J50, a 1953 vintage.  Now at 80 years my
fingers don't work so well any more. One of these days I am going to
have to sell them as none of my family is interested in them.
Nick

On 2022-06-29 12:23 a.m., mike allen wrote:

        Anybody can learn to play the guitar . Can they be any good
at it ? Well that's up to them . I had a DR get inside of my hand &
screw up a finger . I'm still sitting on several guitars worth some

        good $ thinking one day my hand will work right again . I
have several friends with Martins , some can play them & some just
have Martins . Myself I have never liked the way a Martin sounds

        when I played one . I had a pretty nice Gibson L5 that
sounded great  that I left at a aunts house at the wrong time & she
tossed it . She is no longer my aunt but I still don't have that
guitar .

        animal