Re: Cleaning files fouled by aluminum

mike allen

        Ya outta see what he can do to 100 year + Martin guitar

        animal

On 6/28/2022 12:25 PM, Bill in OKC too via groups.io wrote:
Frank Ford is definitely the real deal when it comes to craftsmanship in a bunch of materials and the use, maintenance, and creation of tools and other objects. He's high on my list of tech wizards. :)

Aphorisms to live by:
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
SEMPER GUMBY!
Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome.
Physics doesn't care about your schedule.
The only reason I know anything is because I've done it wrong enough times to START to know better

On Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 12:33:09 PM CDT, mike allen <animal@...> wrote:

        Yea , Frank is a genius at other things besides just being one of the best luthiers around .

        animal

On 6/28/2022 7:08 AM, Ray De Jong via groups.io wrote:
Wow! that 'Tips Page' link is to a most excellent list of tips , well worth looking into and bookmarking

On Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 05:27:05 AM PDT, Glen Ruch via groups.io <gw.ruch@...> wrote:

This guy uses Bamboo.  He even built a special handle.
http://www.frets.com/HomeShopTech/Tooling/FileCleaner/filecleaner.html

He also has a Tips page
http://www.frets.com/HomeShopTech/hstpages.html

Regards.

On 6/27/22 12:14, Nick Andrews wrote:
Interesting.   I normally use a file card,  but some of the files I've found at estate sales have all kinds of odd stuff on them so different methods are interesting.   I'll have to try some of these out.

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022, 10:48 AM Rogan Creswick <creswick@...> wrote:
A scrap of wood works just fine, too. I find the endgrain works best, and forms the same sort of teeth he shows with copper.

On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 9:34 PM Nick Andrews <nickjandrews@...> wrote:
Find this.   Pretty cool.