Re: hand file

Bill in OKC too

And you can use copper pipe to make a ferrule to keep the wooden handle from splitting. Golf balls make a good file handles, too. You could even (gasp!) buy handles. My local toolohaulic enabler, Steve's Wholesale Tools sells injection molded file handles a variety of sizes for about $0.79 each. I bought about a dozed of each of four sizes. Once you have more than a couple of files, a way to store them is necessary, too. Some ideas here:

https://www.homemadetools.net/site/search?q=file+storage&Search=

https://www.homemadetools.net/site/search?q=file+rack&Search=

William R. Meyers, MSgt, USAF(Ret.)

Aphorisms to live by:
SEMPER GUMBY!
Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome.
Physics doesn't care about your schedule.
The only reason I know anything is because I've done it wrong enough times to START to know better

On Thursday, April 14, 2022, 07:32:05 AM CDT, Stephen Bartlett via groups.io <tower.op@...> wrote:

And if a file does not come with a handle, put a handle on it.

One handle for each file, not a changeable handle made to be swapped among files.  That is a nuisance and a waste of time.

A cheap turned wood file handle will seriously improve the joy of filing.

Steve Bartlett