Re: Removing / replacing the oil cups on a 10K gearbox?

Rogan Creswick

Thank you all for the suggestions! The drywall screw with a slide-hammer looks like a great place to start.

Knowing how things go over here, I'll be able to try it out in about a week :D.

On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 5:48 PM Nelson Collar via groups.io <nel2lar=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
John
I sure like the way you think.
Nelson Collar

On Saturday, March 26, 2022, 07:34:49 PM EDT, John Dammeyer <johnd@...> wrote:

Brilliant solution.
John

From: SouthBendLathe@groups.io [mailto:SouthBendLathe@groups.io] On Behalf Of wlw19958Sent: March-26-22 4:25 PMTo: SouthBendLathe@...: Re: [SouthBendLathe] Removing / replacing the oil cups on a 10K gearbox?

Hi There,

The oilers on the top of the Quick Change Gear Box (QCGB)  are press fit
into the casting.  There are 3 types of Gits oilers that could be used.

The one of the far left is generally the ones found on later gear boxes.  As one cans
see, there is a bead around the middle to limit how far the oiler can be driven in.
Gits Part No: 00502.

The middle one has the body flared out to form the cup part of the oiler and it forms
a shoulder of sorts to limit insertion.  Gits Part No: 00330

The one on the far right is machined and has a distinct square shoulder.
Gits Part No: 00302

I use a drywall screw brazed to the end of a bolt.  I then use a hollow steel sleeve
to slide up the bolt to impact against the underside of the bolt head to pull the oiler
out (like a dent puller).

Good Luck!
-Blue Chips-
Webb