Re: endmill holders

gorvil

Mark,

The end that goes in the lathe is MT 3. The collets are MT 8.

Glen Reeser

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "James Benjamin Ph. D"
<eeengineer@c...> wrote:
--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Mark J. Andy" <marka@t...>
wrote:

I don't know what size lathe you have but the uint you show has a
MT8
taper. Thats big. The SB-9's are MT3. You should be able to get
just
an end mill holder MT3 to 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 or whatever. I have one for
my drill press I got from ENCO years ago.

The set you show is a full collet set, It's sort of an overkill.
The draw bar you talk about is also an overkill. It need not be
hardened.

Howdy,

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Dave Mucha wrote:
These are pretty common items and Grizzley has them and you can
make
the drawbar easily. If you don't want to use just all-thread,
you
can use a larger dia shaft and tap or thread the end.
I've had a similar question at the original poster...

Would something like this set from Grizzly do the job?

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=H2690

Mark