Re: Lighting a lathe

gorvil

I worked in Germany and in Ireland, 50 Hz mains in both countries.
The worst problem we had with flourescent flicker was with screen
refresh rates on computer monitors. The beat note between 50 Hz
lighting and 60 Hz monitors would give you a splitting headache in
short order.

I have seen strobe effects with incandescent lighting, too. I have a
lamp clamped to my miling machine and sometimes the chips flying off
appear suspended in space in a stream coming off the mill. It's
pretty cool, actually.

Glen Reeser

..

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, Stan Stocker <skstocker@a...>
wrote:
Hi Eric,

I've seen lots of posts about the "horrors" of fluorescent lights
making
moving parts appear stationary.