Re: QCTP

Bill in OKC too

Very nice work, Keith. I may do that instead of another AXA clone. A copy of the plans are $6. Not too bad.

Thanks for showing your work!

Aphorisms to live by:
SEMPER GUMBY!
Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome.
Physics doesn't care about your schedule.
The only reason I know anything is because I've done it wrong enough times to START to know better

On Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 07:16:58 PM CST, Keith Douglass <keith_douglass@...> wrote:

I have a SB 10K and made the MLA-23 quick change toolpost this summer with plans from Metal Lathe Accessories.  I’ve been very happy with it so far, and feel it has saved me considerable time during turning operations over using the lantern-style toolpost.  I do have a small milling machine which made its construction easier, but the original prototype was made using just a lathe and the notes that come with the plans provide guidance with setup, etc.  So far I’ve made seven 1/4” holders, a cross-drilling attachment, and am currently working on a cutoff tool holder and a 1/4” boring bar holder.  This is definitely more work than other options, but it allows for adjustment without the need for shims, and can therefore also be transferred between lathes of similar dimensions if needed.

-Keith

Image.jpegImage.jpegImage.jpeg