Re: QCTP

G K

Keith,

Looks like some excellent work.  I understand you most likely used your mill to cut the dovetails, but what direction was included with the plans relative to cutting them with a lathe alone?

Thanks,

Greg

On Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 07:16:58 PM CST, Keith Douglass <keith_douglass@...> wrote:

I have a SB 10K and made the MLA-23 quick change toolpost this summer with plans from Metal Lathe Accessories.  I’ve been very happy with it so far, and feel it has saved me considerable time during turning operations over using the lantern-style toolpost.  I do have a small milling machine which made its construction easier, but the original prototype was made using just a lathe and the notes that come with the plans provide guidance with setup, etc.  So far I’ve made seven 1/4” holders, a cross-drilling attachment, and am currently working on a cutoff tool holder and a 1/4” boring bar holder.  This is definitely more work than other options, but it allows for adjustment without the need for shims, and can therefore also be transferred between lathes of similar dimensions if needed.

-Keith

Image.jpegImage.jpegImage.jpeg