Re: My lathe still needs a cross slide

Bill in OKC too

I'm more inclined to start small, myself. I want to build a small steam engine to drive a generator to charge a cell phone. Tea cup boiler, or there about. Something interesting to watch run, but low pressure and low volume steam.

I've worked with and on a 150HP steam boiler in an industrial laundry. Nothing nearly that big!

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Monday, November 8, 2021, 03:52:53 PM CST, Nick Andrews <nickjandrews@...> wrote:

I'd like to build a rideable steam loco at some point, to run around the yard and such.  But that's a ways out and low on priority list...

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 4:48 PM eddie.draper@... via groups.io <eddie.draper=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Sorry Doug, railway loco.

50 HP Orenstein & Koppel no. 7529 of 1914. Built in Berlin, worked until mid 60s at a sand quarry in France, S of Fontainebleu, where it can be seen working on you tube if you search for chemin de fer disparus 24.

You can see it running in 2021 if you go to the website of the Golden Valley Light railway and hit the Facebook button where there are a couple of videos. There's also a bit in the middle of a visit to Midland Railway during summer 2021on youtube.

Eddie