Re: SB 9" 3C Collet Nosepiece Insert Source ?

Bill in OKC too

Can buy one of these, and make your own thread protector, if you like: https://www.mcmaster.com/nuts/thread-size~1-1-2-8/

Some minor modification to make it just what you want for popping the collet sleeve back out.

I've mentioned that I'm a cheap bastrich, right? You could make your own, if you can cut 1-1/2-8 internal threads yourself, too. I can't yet, Couple more lessons in class to learn that. Anyone care to guess what I'm going to be making when I'm supposed to be working on the class project? Also need one for my SB Heavy 10L, with the 2-1/4-8tpi spindle nose. I have already made stub spindles for both machines so I don't have to go to the machine to test fit stuff I make for it.

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Friday, October 15, 2021, 11:25:13 AM CDT, mike allen <animal@...> wrote:

        these folks have one

        http://www.mymachineshop.net/product_p/10146.htm

        You will also need one of these if you don't have one to remove the adapter , though I can't say for sure this protector will work on a SB .

        http://www.mymachineshop.net/product_p/10089.htm

        animal

On 10/14/2021 5:40 AM, Sam wrote:

SB 9"  3C Collet Nosepiece Insert Source ?

Who sells the headstock spindle nosepiece for 3 C  collets ?