Re: Old South Bend lathe - Help with ID?

Steve Wells

I have OCD Roger…LOL, it’s a curse most of the time!

I can see the shifter knob peaking out just above the hand wheel.

Also I have a pristine 1935 405 bed that Turk send me a few years ago that I’ve slowly

been converting to a Model A. I’ve had to modify/mill the bed to accept the A-B apron, so

I’m familiar with the lower casting of the newer bed and the older ones. I can’t change the feet

without making an adaptor plate. I’m just going to leave the original feet on it and fill the

old casting hole for the wiring, although I’d really like to have the early 1947 intermediate style bed feet.

Steve