Re: Milling Table

Jim_B

Little machine shop makes a small accessory milling table.

It's less than $40. While I have not adapted it to my 10L,  I have used it on a #4 Burke horizontal  mill, which had only a single slot on the table.

\

Here I ma cutting a LH gear for the thread dial on my old SB-405.

I think, if you remove the compound and make a spigot adapter you would not loose very much room under the spindle.
One caution the T-Slots are metric dimensions.

On Aug 9, 2021, at 1:46 PM, John Dammeyer <johnd@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I agree that sometimes we tend to forget that we can build a solution rather than buy.  As an example,

With the end result being able to use the mill to solidly hold a tap and power tap.

Scary to watch but really cool.

And yes, sometimes the best way to hold something on the lathe is with a good solid faceplate.

John

Jim B.

--
Jim B