Re: Too Good / Bad To Be True - Craigslait

Richard Wanke

I'd pay the $150 for the gearbox and other needed parts for changing mine from a C to an A, and would love the large dials too. 

On Monday, July 26, 2021, 05:57:53 PM EDT, wmrmeyers@... <wmrmeyers@...> wrote:

That's more than I could scrape up. I could manage $150. It probably wouldn't get me killed, either. $1500 is another story entirely. Maybe after I finish the refurb on the Heavy 10L, which she bought for me for Christmas a few years ago, it would be doable.

Bill in OKC

William R. Meyers, MSgt, USAF(Ret.) 

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion,
butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance
accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders,
give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new
problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Monday, July 26, 2021, 04:35:40 PM CDT, Nick Andrews <nickjandrews@...> wrote:

Bill, my brother has one for sale in Prescott Valley AZ.  He even bought rebuild kit with new felts and oils and such before he found the 13" he is going to keep.  I think he's looking for $1500, has some chucks and other tooling with it, pretty good shape.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 3:39 PM Bill in OKC too via groups.io <wmrmeyers=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
There's a map in the upper right corner of the listing, and if you back out far enough, you see that it's in Rhode Island. I did that in answer to MIke's question. Nearest coast to me is about 600 miles, but Rhode Island is at least double that. Waaaaahhh. I'd probably sell my Atlas if I could get a working or quickly restorable 9" SB lathe... But this ain't it.

Bill in OKC

William R. Meyers, MSgt, USAF(Ret.)

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion,
butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance
accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders,
give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new
problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Monday, July 26, 2021, 02:43:29 PM CDT, Andrei <calciu1@...> wrote:

Where is this Mythical South Coast? There is no state or ZIP code attached to the posting. 

From: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io> on behalf of mike allen <animal@...>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2021 3:34 PM
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SouthBendLathe] Too Good / Bad To Be True - Craigslait

I'd pay teh 150 if someone was to get it & send me the dials & they can keep the rest

animal

On 7/26/2021 12:15 PM, Payson wrote:
Look at this. Not mine.
https://southcoast.craigslist.org/tls/d/new-bedford-south-bend-lathe/7355051053.html

Payson.

Join SouthBendLathe@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.