Re: Cutting Off / Parting

rlm_mcv

Looking at the old catalogs the right and left cutters used different profiles also.

On Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 7:49:40 AM CDT, G K via groups.io <bug_hunter2000@...> wrote:

John,

Thanks a lot.  That sounds like it will fit.  12mm=0.4724

Seems like I need to find a 1/2-inch blade with the "old-school" profile.

Back to Google.

Greg

On Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 01:49:59 AM CDT, John <reproturn@...> wrote:

OK I’m back.

I have an Armstrong No.20 tool and an Armstrong ½ inch blade.

Too hard to escribe the blade profile so I took pic – the blade in the No.20 tool has same profile.

Never tried to post a pic before so I hope it comes through.

The blade measure 12mm top to bottom, 2.25mm wide at the top and 1.55mm wide at the bottom.

Sorry if you likes inches but I find metric easier to use on the vernier.

The bottom is not flat but has a bevel to match the bevel in the tool holder. Likewise the top is only flat for about half the width then has a low bevel. This allows the blade to engage firmly with the cam lock on the tool.

Cheers

John B