Lots of good information here.

Try the attached documents.

Capt. Art

On Thursday, June 24, 2021, 10:33:11 AM EDT, Hamm <jchammonds@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

A poll has been updated:

Good day to you all, this is my first post since joining the group. The reason I joined the group is because I’m not having very good success at finding information on the particular lathe I have.

My South Bend lathe is a, Horizontal Model 9A 16 speed with v-belt drive, probably 1950’s vintage, I purchased a Full Rebuild Package from eBay/ By ILION Industrial Services which contained a Manual, Felts, Oil, and Grease for the 9” lathe.

The manual does not reference anything later than 1940’s models, primarily the V-Belt drive system.

Does anyone know where I can find information on this lathe? Catalog No. CL 744 A, S/N 49636 NAR 10.

Thanks,

John Hammonds

1. Don't Know
2. If I knew the answer I would not ask a question

Vote Now