Re: We are reaching our "Free" storage limit.

Glen Ruch

I'm wondering if there is some "low hanging fruit."  Any message with the the words "for sale" in the title, older than 6 months, could be considered to be OBE, and have the attached pictures deleted without loss.

Regards.

On 6/24/21 6:13 AM, Davis Johnson wrote:

I think that most images and other files attached to emails are ephemera, unlikely to have lasting importance. Images that somebody has gone to the trouble of uploading are more likely to have lasting importance.

This is a tendency, not a firm law of nature, but it is generally the case.

Given that, what groups.io wants to do seems just as generally sensible. I think what we need to do is accept that they will be deleting older attachements automatically to keep us under the limit (as if not accepting would make any difference).

We should make a habit of suggesting that a file be uploaded when we see an attachment that looks like it might have lasting importance.

On 6/23/21 10:52 PM, Bill in OKC too via groups.io wrote:
At that resolution I don't find them much use. Unfortunately, I don't see any other way to do what we need to do. I guess I need to go look for a good photo storage site, but every one I've ever had decided to either go out of business, or want more money than I could afford to pay for very little storage. Even Google, now. I'm willing to help if you want help. I'm online a couple hours a day, at least, most days. And sometimes in the wee hours of the night, too. I won't leave in a huff if you don't want my help, either. It's your group, I have groups of my own, and understand wanting things run a certain way.

Like I said, it's not a life or death thing, either. Have a good night!

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 09:39:40 PM CDT, Jim_B <jim@...> wrote:

Yes, the site made them all much the same.
That’s the default condition

Jim B,

--
Jim B