Re: Making parts for a Telescoping Steady Rest - Last

Steve Wells

Excellent work Webb, impressive job you’ve done!!

Steve

From: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io> On Behalf Of wlw19958
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 8:07 PM
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Subject: [SouthBendLathe] Making parts for a Telescoping Steady Rest - Last

Hi There,

Well, I've made the parts to complete my Steady Rests I had.
To recap, I had 2 stead rests (one for a Nine Inch and one for
a Heavy Ten).  The Heavy Ten I will keep but I am going to sell
the Nine Inch model.  This is how it came out:

I had to make just about every part and I think it came out very well (if I say so
myself).

Thanks for suggestions and support during this project.  I can offer members
a set of jaws (some call them "fingers") for a reasonable price but I have to get
more brass stock first.

Good Luck
-Blue Chips-
Webb