Re: Thrust bearing replacement

amriensr

The Ebay kink that you provide is for a "Take Up Bearing" not the actual thrust bearing.

On Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 7:54:56 AM EDT, ww_big_al <arknack@...> wrote:

I converted mine from the fiber washer to a thrust bearing. I purchased it from SteveWB on eBay. Steve provides instructions on how to do it. I consider Steve a very good seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152445466871?hash=item237e7538f7:g:kBEAAOSwawpXsQNz

Standard disclaimer stuff.

Al

From: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Karvelis
Sent: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:05 AM
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Subject: [SouthBendLathe] Thrust bearing replacement

Hello everyone, I have a 9"model A lathe which has a steak or chirp that is rythmic in nature. I believe that the thrust bearing is going bad and I need to replace it. Does anyone know what the call-out for this bearing is? I didn't want to take the spindle out just to find out. I had a problem in the past with this bearing and I should have taken care of the problem then. I just didn't have time.

Thank you all,

Steve Karvelis