Re: 3c collet block set square and hex

Bill in OKC too

Sounds like a good idea to me. ;) I have ER32 & ER25 collets, MT3 collets, and R8 collets. I'm looking at making collet block sets for all four. And I've got a Heavy 10L with two 5C collet closers, and only two 5C collets. It's a restoration project, so won't be buying it any collet blocks yet. For the ER collets, I want blocks large enough that the collet nuts will not extend past the edges of the blocks. I want them to go IN the vise. Most of the ones I've seen the collet nut is larger than the block. It might not be worth the effort for the MT3 collets, but I can use the practice.

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Sunday, March 28, 2021, 11:51:08 AM CDT, Steven H via groups.io <stevesmachining@...> wrote:

Make one?

Steve Haskell

On Mar 28, 2021, at 12:37 PM, Bill in OKC too via groups.io <wmrmeyers@...> wrote:

I'm not seeing that anyone makes a 3C collet block. There was supposedly an ebay listing for one used, but ebay couldn't find it. You can buy 3C collets fairly easily, though. I'd suggest making your own collet blocks similar to the ones for 5C collets.  I expect that's not much help, but it's all I've got!

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Sunday, March 28, 2021, 11:22:49 AM CDT, Joaquin Pendleton via groups.io <joaquinpendleton@...> wrote:

Hello fellow machinists:
  I have a SB 9" with lots of 3c collets.  I need a collet block, so I can use them in my milling machine.  Anyone out there want to sell, or know where I can buy one.  ??  thanks, Joaquin